Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ab "Bus" Karo



It is not unusual as everybody like me would have experienced someday or the other, a bus ride. This is the routine of every morning in almost everyone's life. Now that you have earned a lot and go to office by your own car then its a different story. But you would surely be reminded of your early days of struggle.
As I boarded the bus, there was a huge bunch of people standing so I got an idea after watching the over crowded bus that I have no chance of getting a seat. So there I am standing, holding a huge bag bigger than me. As this is supposed to be a white line bus which doesn't have ladies seat. Men also have right to get a seat but watching them sitting and me standing really annoys me. One nice girl seating shifted a bit and offered me a place to sit next to her. I was thrilled by her gesture and happily sat next to her. After I sat, I realized that the space offered to me would not have been more than half an inch.Still considering her feelings I didn't object. I was on the verge of falling down, therefore I shifted a bit and deflected a moment of embarrassment from my life. one aunty was also on the same seat as ours and she gave me a threatening look, as if I dared to shift a bit more, then this would be my last day on earth.she was sitting most comfortably on her seat conquering space of 1 and a half people and giving me threatening looks. God please give me lot of power for just one day so that I can beat this round, huge, bulky aunty. The temperature is rising and sweat is pouring, oh God please find an escape from here.

As I was sitting at the edge of the seat, people passing by were hitting me and was increasing my temperament. A glimpse of thought ran my mind where I wanted to throw everyone out of the bus, especially that terrorist aunty ji. Sometimes I wonder that there are so many people living on this earth and trying to find out the motive of their existence. India got such a huge population.

On top of all this, some Hindi background scores were also played by the driver. I would call them torture songs. They were by any chance were not the best of songs I have ever came across. Funny music and more funny lyrics. Those may be from some B or C grade movies and that too pirated ones. As I was dying to take a nap but considering the fact that the place where I was sitting and the music that I was hearing, I avoided to do that.
I was thinking that the moment anyone stands and leave his seat I would hurriedly rush and grab the place before anyone can do that. Therefore I had an eye on each and everyone seated. People might be thinking that I am making plans to hijack the bus,but who cares as long as I get a seat. Here goes...a person got up and left his empty seat behind. As I was about to take it, one girl came from somewhere and grabbed it before I can even see the empty seat. Chalo no problems, Thank God offices have plenty of seats and atleast in our office we have a permanent seat reserved for us. Ab to office hi jakar bethugi (now I would be able to sit in the office only).

Hurray...... aunty got up(who was giving me threatening looks). I got a full seat to sit :) But But But my destination has also come. I would also have to deboard the bus in couple of seconds. I got to sit comfortably only for 2 min. but those 2 min were like blessing. Jitna mile utna acha (whatever you get be satisfied). Real blessing was that I came out of the overloaded bus.

Conclusion: Buy your own bus and never let anyone sit inside or buy a nano.

4 comments:

Prateek Shah said...

Hillarious stuff! :D Matlab bilkul mast! :) you should write more often, and invite more people to read you blog :)

Keep it up Jassi!

Shine Kapoor said...

Hey I liked this.

This happens in metro too.. People play Chinese ipods, then leave alone sitting even those standing ight next to the door give terrorizing look, dare you cross an inch, and they may shout back.. Supporting them would be their entire office. I confronted them and what they replied was, Ghar se larai kar ke aayee hai..

Anyways I have developed the skills to travel in bus and metro, and thats is to make sure no one is sitting/ standing comfortably.. lolzzz

Well keep it up, would like to read more such experiences..

Dil Chahta hai ki ... jane bhi do yaro said...

Hey thanks Prateek. I am glad that you found it hilarious.

Dil Chahta hai ki ... jane bhi do yaro said...

Hi Shine. good to read your side of story. You too have experienced same things as I have during our travel in metro or bus. Delhi is such a crowded place....